A great way to use veggies fresh from the garden! With fennel basil, and fontina cheese, this is a taste treat!
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, quarter lengthwise,then slice crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- pizza dough (homemade or storebought)
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese (optional)
- In a skillet saute the onions, garlic, and salt in the olive oil on medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ground fennel and zucchini and cook until the zucchini starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and basil.
- Allow to cool somewhat and drain any excess liquid before spreading on the pizza crust.
- Then top with cheese, if you wish, and bake according to the pizza crust directions.