1/6 Photos of Zucchini and Fresh Tomato Pizza With Fontina
A great way to use veggies fresh from the garden! With fennel basil, and fontina cheese, this is a taste treat!
My Private Note
14" piz ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground fennel
- 4 cups sliced zucchini, quarter lengthwise,then slice crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- pizza dough (homemade or storebought)
- 2 cups grated Fontina cheese (optional)
- 1In a skillet saute the onions, garlic, and salt in the olive oil on medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- 2Add the ground fennel and zucchini and cook until the zucchini starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and basil.
- 4Allow to cool somewhat and drain any excess liquid before spreading on the pizza crust.
- 5Then top with cheese, if you wish, and bake according to the pizza crust directions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Fresh Tomato Pizza With Fontina
Serving Size: 1 (1797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g