Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another adapted recipe from Nava Atlas' Vegetarian Celebrations. I changed a cold salad to a warm side dish entree. You could also substitute yellow zucchini in this recipe. Also delicious pan fried or grilled.
- 1 lb zucchini, narrow, medium sized
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, packed then chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- salt or pepper
- Preheat oven to BROIL setting.
- Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then cut into 1/2" slices, lengthwise.
- In large serving bowl, place the mint and green onion.
- In separate small glass bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and stir well.
- On a baking sheet place the zucchini so that they do not overlap. Baste the zucchini slices with some of the dressing.
- Broil for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Turn zucchini slices over, baste with more dressing and broil another 2-3 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Watch carefully to make sure the zucchini does not burn!
- Toss the cooked zucchini slices gently with the mint and green onions. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional dressing. Serve warm.
loved the addition of mint, another great recipe I will make again, thanks Cookgirl!
Melt in your mouth good! I used 1/3 the oil! nice full of fresh, sweet, crisp flavor! The leftovers are getting put into an omelet for breakfast! Thanks!