1/2 Photos of Zucchini and Fresh Mint
Another adapted recipe from Nava Atlas' Vegetarian Celebrations. I changed a cold salad to a warm side dish entree. You could also substitute yellow zucchini in this recipe. Also delicious pan fried or grilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini, narrow, medium sized
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, packed then chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to BROIL setting.
- 2Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then cut into 1/2" slices, lengthwise.
- 3In large serving bowl, place the mint and green onion.
- 4In separate small glass bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and stir well.
- 5On a baking sheet place the zucchini so that they do not overlap. Baste the zucchini slices with some of the dressing.
- 6Broil for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- 7Turn zucchini slices over, baste with more dressing and broil another 2-3 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- 8Watch carefully to make sure the zucchini does not burn!
- 9Toss the cooked zucchini slices gently with the mint and green onions. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional dressing. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Fresh Mint
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g