Recipe by COOKGIRl
Another adapted recipe from Nava Atlas' Vegetarian Celebrations. I changed a cold salad to a warm side dish entree. You could also substitute yellow zucchini in this recipe. Also delicious pan fried or grilled.
- 1 lb zucchini, narrow, medium sized
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, packed then chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- salt or pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to BROIL setting.
- Cut the zucchini in half crosswise, then cut into 1/2" slices, lengthwise.
- In large serving bowl, place the mint and green onion.
- In separate small glass bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and stir well.
- On a baking sheet place the zucchini so that they do not overlap. Baste the zucchini slices with some of the dressing.
- Broil for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Turn zucchini slices over, baste with more dressing and broil another 2-3 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Watch carefully to make sure the zucchini does not burn!
- Toss the cooked zucchini slices gently with the mint and green onions. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional dressing. Serve warm.