Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Summer squash was the featured ingredient in last week's "The Way We Eat" column in the NY Times Magazine. At this time of year you can never have too many squash recipes, so although I haven't tried it, I thought I'd share this one with you.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup torn mint leaf
- 1 cup shaved aged pecorino romano cheese
- 1 small fennel, cored and thinly shaved
- 1 lemon, juice of, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Use a vegetable peeler or mandoline to thinly shave the zucchini lengthwise. In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, mint, pecorino Romano, fennel, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Add more lemon juice or olive oil to taste.