Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious simple meal for all times. Healthy and one more use for zucchinis :) If you desire to have any meat added to it, feel free to cut slices of a sausage link and cook with the onion. Can also be served with cheese on top after it is cooked, or even wrapped in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito. This recipe is from Cyprus.
- Slice the onion in long tin strips.
- Cut the zucchini in half length-wise, and then make thin slices of it.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and mix with the salt and pepper.
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil and onions.
- Cook onions until they begin browning.
- Add the zucchini and continue frying until the zucchini gets brownish and soft.
- Add the eggs in the frying pan and continue cooking.
- When the eggs cook, remove from heat and serve.
This recipe makes a great breakfast or light lunch. I left out the onion, and added a little crumbled bacon and shredded cheese as you suggested. I really enjoyed this easy and healthy treat - thanks for sharing! Made for Fall PAC 2008