Recipe by unicornscho
Vegetarian delight using zucchini and eggplant (which are always overly abundant from the garden). I can't wait for summer!
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly sliced (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups chopped red peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 cups coarsely chopped eggplants (or cubed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 crushed rich buttery crackers (Ritz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Grease 3-quart baking dish.
- Using 12-inch sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, onion, garlic, salt and pepper for about 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- In very large bowl, whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, Romano/parmesan, and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Add veggie mixture to egg mixture in bowl. Stir well.
- Spread veggie/egg mixture evenly in baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella then cracker crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes. Top should be lightly browned and a knife inserted near middle should come out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.