Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This comes from Jewish Cooking in America by Joan Nathan
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 anaheim chili, peeled,seeded and finely diced
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup matzo meal or 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix all together.
- Heat about 1/2- inch oil in a non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the batter in 3 Tb dollops, flattening each with a spatula.
- Cook about 3 minutes until the first side is brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- Transfer the pancakes to a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
What a wonderful recipe! I can't believe it hasn't been 'discovered' before! My family of four inhaled these latkes (I was hoping for leftovers!) I made the recipe as Mirj wrote it, using matzo meal. Very well written, the dish went just as Mirj wrote. Terrific recipe Mirj, thanks so much!