Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inspired by a magazine, TRUE! They come out GREAT first time you do! Healthy, delicious, did I mention nutritious as well? Will someone be trying these soon? Only time will tell!
- In large bowl, COMBINE chickpeas (I used canned), breadcrumbs, grated zucchini, finely diced or grated cloves, cumin, cayenne, egg and coriander.
- HELPFUL HINT: With the back of a fork, break the chickpeas and make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- With hands, form into patties (Makes about 8).
- In frypan, heat pan, then oil (I used extra-virgin olive oil), FRY until brown; remove and place on paper towel to drain.
- I enjoy these with store bought Greek yogurt.
- NOTE: The patties are supposed to be slightly dry; may need to adjust/increase breadcrumbs slightly by 1/4 cup.
5 Stars is not enough, perfect recipe, and so nice, they are very crunchy and take only 5 minutes from beginning to end to make, as I put everything into the food processor, I do the zucchini and garlic a little before then add the rest, I make them each week and freeze them, my favourite herb to add is dill when I do not have coriander. Thanks for posting, I use these as a vegie burger.
I had my doubts since I had never thought to put whole chickpeas in zucchini patties before but they were really very, very good. Spices were perfect. Before trying them my husband joked about putting bacon on his but after trying them he was hooked! Loved them (even without bacon).
Got the thumbs up from our resident vegetarian, and carnivorous little me thought they were not too bad!