Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A cheesy zucchini and chicken casserole with a tangy sauce.
- 6 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip, not mayo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish evenly with the grated zucchini.
- Cover the zucchini with the chicken pieces.
- In a mixing bowl combine the soup, milk, Miracle Whip, lemon juice and cheese.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Melt the butter and stir in the bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle this over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the bread crumbs are toasted and the liquid is bubbling.
- This is a family favorite of ours.
- I used to use brocolli instead of the zucchini.
- We had a huge zucchini crop and I tried it with the grated zucchini.
- It was so yummy.
- For once, all the left overs were eaten the next day!
This was soo good and very simple. I did make a few slight changes according to my personal preference like, I only used 2 chicken breasts so I only used 1 can of soup and I added 1/2 of an onion chopped and sauteed until translucent (I love onion, I put it in everything.) and added a little S&P. But it was really great. I will definitely make this again. So glad you added it.