Top Review by Kitchenette
These were absolutely incredible! I had just been wanting a way to use up zucchini, but these are a new favorite. I used regular cheese and mayo (not low-fat), and I sauted the zucchini (plus the chopped mushroom stems) in a little butter. Plus, I rubbed a little olive oil around each mushroom cap. After I stuffed the mushrooms, I topped them with a bit of provolone, then broiled them until the cheese melted. Yum!
- 12 fresh mushrooms, 2-inch (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 cups zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese, 1 ounce
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fat-free parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard; set caps aside. Arrange zucchini in a vegetable steamer over boiling water in a Dutch oven.
- Cover and steam 5 minutes.
- Place zucchini on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels.
- Let stand 15 minutes, pressing down occasionally to remove moisture. Combine zucchini and next 6 ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps.
- Carefully arrange mushrooms in a single layer in steamer over boiling water in pan.
- Cover and steam 6 minutes or until mushrooms are barely tender.
- Arrange mushrooms on a serving platter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.