Recipe by **Mandy**
It's that time of year again when zucchinis are growing rampantly in the garden. Here is a great simple bread to make to use up some of the excess. Feel free to add a bit of garlic or chives too if you like/
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a wonderful damper recipe!!! The cheese and zucchini go great together! Mmmm!
As Debbie already said, this recipe is easy and quick to make and yields wonderful results! The bread has a crunchy top with a soft interior. Just perfect!
I too used a little more zucchini than called for and reduced the liquid accordingly. I think it was about 1/2 cup.
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, Mandy! Ill make it again.
Made and reviewed for Edn#11 Make My Recipe August 2010.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, grated
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt & pepper together.
- Lightly rub in butter with your fingertips.
- Mix in cheese & zucchini and then add enough milk to cpmbine.
- Mix quickly & turn onto a floured surface, knead lightly & form into a ball.
- With a floured knife cut a cross in the top of the damper & brush with egg if using.
- Place on a greased oven tray and bake at 220.C for 20=25 mins or until golden & cooked through.