Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 hrs
It's that time of year again when zucchinis are growing rampantly in the garden. Here is a great simple bread to make to use up some of the excess. Feel free to add a bit of garlic or chives too if you like/
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, grated
- 3⁄4-1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten lightly (optional)
- Sift flour, salt & pepper together.
- Lightly rub in butter with your fingertips.
- Mix in cheese & zucchini and then add enough milk to cpmbine.
- Mix quickly & turn onto a floured surface, knead lightly & form into a ball.
- With a floured knife cut a cross in the top of the damper & brush with egg if using.
- Place on a greased oven tray and bake at 220.C for 20=25 mins or until golden & cooked through.
What a wonderful damper recipe!!! The cheese and zucchini go great together! Mmmm!
As Debbie already said, this recipe is easy and quick to make and yields wonderful results! The bread has a crunchy top with a soft interior. Just perfect!
I too used a little more zucchini than called for and reduced the liquid accordingly. I think it was about 1/2 cup.
THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, Mandy! Ill make it again.
Made and reviewed for Edn#11 Make My Recipe August 2010.
Boy Mandy what a winner this is. Fast, easy and oh so tasty. Used 1 zucchini which was about a cup verses the half cup that was called for. So moist and flavorful we enjoyed with out butter (Yes! Even healthy no extra fat added on). DH asked me to make aging this morning for his breakfast. This is going on our short list. Thanks so much for the post. P.S. 220 Celsius comes to 428 Fahrenheit