Recipe by Jen T
I 'adopted' this recipe in August 2005. I have made it and think it is a great recipe as written. I hope you like it as much as I did. I also found it went well with a little lite sour cream spooned on top of each serving for a change. The following words come from the original person who posted this recipe: "A nice summer-time side dish. I suggest cutting the zucchini a bit larger than the carrots, since it cooks faster. Substitute dried herbs if you don't have fresh."
Top Review by Angelica Briggs
Very simple to make, has nice color, and looks great on the table. I added some onion chopped large, and a bit of spicy pepper blend seasoning to give it some extra kick. Tastes pretty darn good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, cut into fine julienne strips
- 1⁄2 lb zucchini, cut into fine julienne strips
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano