Top Review by kiwidutch
Wonderful freshness! I didn't have any fresh sage, but subbed a bit of fresh thyme instead and with the parsley and mint it went well. I also subbed a spring (green) onion for the shallot, simply because I had some that needed using up, and it also went into the mix very well. please see my rating system; 4 excellent stars for a very tasty and fresh herb tasting recipe, one that I will definiately be making again. Thanks!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, julienned
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan and cook the shallots 3-4 minutes over medium heat or until tender.
- Add the carrots, water, and sugar.
- Cover, and cook, until carrots are tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Remove lid, add zucchini, and cook uncovered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in herbs, and season to taste; remove from heat.