1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Carrots With Fresh Herbs
Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds easy to make and flavorful. From my daily diabetic recipe email and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals".
My Private Note
3/4 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed (chopped) or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place a steamer basket in 1/2 inch of water in a saucepan (water should not touch the bottom of the basket).
- 2Place carrots in the basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat and steam carrots 5 minutes. Add zucchini and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until carrots and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- 4Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- 5Stir in carrots, zucchini, thyme, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- 6Cook uncovered, stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.
- 7Nutritional Information Per Serving (3/4 cup): Glycemic Index: 22, Glycemic Load: 1, Calories: 55, Protein: 2 g, Carbohydrate: 4 g, Dietary Fiber: 1-1/2 g, Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 61 mg. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Carrots With Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 73.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g