Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds easy to make and flavorful. From my daily diabetic recipe email and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Terrific Diabetic Meals".
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill weed (chopped) or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Place a steamer basket in 1/2 inch of water in a saucepan (water should not touch the bottom of the basket).
- Place carrots in the basket. Cover tightly and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and steam carrots 5 minutes. Add zucchini and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until carrots and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in carrots, zucchini, thyme, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cook uncovered, stirring gently for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving (3/4 cup): Glycemic Index: 22, Glycemic Load: 1, Calories: 55, Protein: 2 g, Carbohydrate: 4 g, Dietary Fiber: 1-1/2 g, Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 10 mg, Sodium: 61 mg. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 Fat.
This recipe is very healthy. Low calorie and so tasty. The only difference I made was to use dried lavender instead of thyme. It goes well with the carrots and zucchini. Thanks FloridaNative :) Made for ZWT8 for Diners, Winers and Chives