This is one of my all-time favorite casseroles. I haven't posted it before because I assumed someone would have already posted it. I was looking for something else and came across a similar recipe, but not the same. So I decided to post this before it gets lost. Addendum: I hadn't made this in awhile until tonight. Because I am trying to lose weight I cooked the vegetables in a covered pan sprayed with PAM and omitted the butter. It turned out just fine. I also added some cubed cooked chicken to make this more of a complete dish. So that is another option with this very versatile casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Saute onion, zucchini, carrots and mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon butter until just tender. Do not overcook.
- 3Mix together, in large bowl, zucchini, carrots, onion, mushrooms, and stuffing cubes.
- 4In separate bowl, mix together chicken soup, sour cream, milk and melted butter.
- 5Stir soup mixture into vegetables and mix well.
- 6Add 1 cup of the cheese.
- 7Place in a 9x13 casserole dish. (I usually spray it with PAM first.).
- 8Top with remaining cheese.
- 9Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- 10**You can substitute cream of mushroom soup for the cream of chicken to make this vegetarian.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Carrot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 1054.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb stuffing cubes