1/1 Photo of Zucchini and Carrot a Scapece
8 hrs 20 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis from Everyday Italian. DS saw it on Food TV and said he'd try it, so I don't want to lose it. Anything to get more veggies in him...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch rounds (about 2 pounds)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 10 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1Heat 1/3 cup oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the zucchini and fry until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 4Sprinkle with half of the garlic, basil, and mint leaves.
- 5Add remaining oil to the pan. Add the carrots and saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the dish of zucchini.
- 6Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 7Sprinkle the remaining garlic, basil, and mint leaves over.
- 8Drizzle the vinegar over the vegetable mixture and toss gently to coat.
- 9Cool to room temperature. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 8 hours, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 10Allow the vegetables to come to room temperature before serving. Transfer the scapece to a platter and serve at room temperature. Serve with bread, fish or chicken.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Carrot a Scapece
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 98.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g