Recipe by Tebo
A good side dish that may also be a main course when served over rice or with crusty bread.
Top Review by Solomon
This one is a keeper, I loved it! Very simple ingredients. I made it exactly as written, everything came out perfect without being mushy. The carmelized onions gave the dish a little sweetness. I will be making this again.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin crescents
- 1 pinch sugar (a large pinch)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (optional but do use it)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions, cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, cook about 7 minutes until carmelized.
- Add water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add zucchini, cook about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add tomato and pepper flakes.
- Cook until heated through and tomato begins to release juices, about 5 minutes Add salt and pepper.