Recipe by superbuna
Simple, quick and very tasty. The zucchini is layered with brick cheese & herbs & bakes to a savory goodness. Freezes beautifully. If using fresh herbs, double quantities used.
- 5 lbs zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced brick cheese
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash & slice zucchini into thin slices. Don't peel unless humungus;
- Dredge slices liberally with flour.
- Place one layer in greased 9"x13"x2" pan; sprinkle with salt, pepper, some basil, dill & parsley. Cover with some cheese slices.
- Repeat layering squash, spices, cheese until zucchini is all used.
- Cover top completely with cheese slices.
- Score thru ingredients in 6 or 8 places with knife.
- Pour oil over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until nicely browned & knife inserted goes through squash gently.
- Allow to rest about 20 minutes before cutting.