- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 3 cups bread, torn into1-inch-2-inch pieces
- 1 lb tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onions, garlic, and sausage in olive oil until the meat is brown.
- Add zucchini, sauté until just beginning to soften.
- Add tomatoes with all their juice and seeds, cook for a few minutes.
- Add bread, salt and pepper, cook until mixture begins to dry.
- Add basil, and serve with grated parmesan cheese.