Recipe by dpuette
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Breakfast burritos hit the spot on weekends. Creativity is the key to a great burrito. Anything you have in the fridge will serve as an ingredient.
Top Review by KLJT
I made these yesterday and they are terrific! I stored leftovers in the fridge and reheated in the microwave. Of course you can't reheat foil in the microwave but what was nice is that the burritos really held their shape being previously wrapped and stored in the foil. I only had corn tortillas on hand because they are my favorite, and the foil worked great to heat them and form the burritos' shape. The zucchini, peppers, and onion add a lot of flavor to the eggs and beef and are satisfying for a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Thanks for this recipe!
- 5 sheets Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 4 (11 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 lb ground round
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, stem removed and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°Fahrennheit. Cut 4 (12-by 8-inch) sheets of foil and set aside. Tear off one large sheet of foil and roll the 4 tortillas in the foil. Place in oven in a medium baking dish and heat for 10 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over low-medium heat, brown the ground round. Drain on paper towels. In another medium skillet over low-medium heat, add the olive oil and zucchini. Sauté for 3 minutes and add the pepper and onions. Sauté 4 minutes more. In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Stir into the skillet with the sautéed vegetables. Stir in the cheese and continue to stir until eggs are set. Stir in the ground beef. Remove from heat.
- Place a tortilla on each of the 4 reserved sheets of foil. Place equal portions of the egg mixture on the top half of each tortilla. Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the top and roll tightly. Wrap the foil tightly around the burrito leaving the top exposed. Serve with salsa.