Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My hubbie made this for me. Thought I would share. Saw nothing like it on here.
- 8 -10 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 lbs bacon, fried crisp
- 2 -4 whole tomatoes, diced large
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fry bacon leaving just enough grease to saute zucchini & tomatoes.
- (I use a big roasting pan so I only use one pan).
- Cook zucchini and tomatoes to desired doneness.
- Crumble cooked bacon into large pieces & add to zucchini-tomato mixture.
- Top with cheese. Let stand to melt.
- Now it is up to you if you mix the cheese in or just leave topped.
- Great the next day too.
Pretty tasty for all the veggies in this. I substituted yellow squash for half of the zucchini squash to give some variety in the color and texture. Next time, though, I will probably only use a pound of bacon since there was a lot of meat fat that the veggies were soaking in by the time all was said and done. Overall rating pretty good, though.
Love the addition of bacon and cheese. Yummy! Thanks Kittycara :)
kittycara this is great! Had everything on hand, so that made it super duper easy. I did caramelize some onions and garlic, (had this for another dish I was preparing) so added this too. Sprinkled the top w/ paprika, and it was devoured by all. Thanks!