Recipe by kittycara
My hubbie made this for me. Thought I would share. Saw nothing like it on here.
Top Review by Domesticated Drea
Pretty tasty for all the veggies in this. I substituted yellow squash for half of the zucchini squash to give some variety in the color and texture. Next time, though, I will probably only use a pound of bacon since there was a lot of meat fat that the veggies were soaking in by the time all was said and done. Overall rating pretty good, though.
- 8 -10 small zucchini, sliced
- 2 lbs bacon, fried crisp
- 2 -4 whole tomatoes, diced large
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon leaving just enough grease to saute zucchini & tomatoes.
- (I use a big roasting pan so I only use one pan).
- Cook zucchini and tomatoes to desired doneness.
- Crumble cooked bacon into large pieces & add to zucchini-tomato mixture.
- Top with cheese. Let stand to melt.
- Now it is up to you if you mix the cheese in or just leave topped.
- Great the next day too.