This is from my neighbour and good friend, Ronnie, who is mother to five great kids. They all love this concoction and so do we. It serves 6-7 unless it is put in front of our former French exchange student, Emma. In that case, it serves one.
- Before you start, you need to know that, you can speed up the preparation time if you use a food processor to grate the cheese and zucchini, and chop the onion.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients -- in the order listed. Mix well after each addition.
- Put everything in an 11" x 7" pan. A 9" x 13" pan works, too.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Check the bottom. It sometimes browns faster.
A great way to use up you overload of zucchini.
Except for leaving the zucchini to drain for a whil after grating, I followed the recipe exactly.
This is really a crustless quiche and so easy to make and so delicious to eat.
Except for DH who hates zucchini to the max, everyone loved it.
Thanks Peg for another wonderful way to use zucchini.
Excellent and a great way to use the Zucchini from the garden. I made this as directed but slightly cooked the bacon in the microwave for 3 minutes before adding to the mix. I'll be serving this at my niece's wedding shower brunch next weekend. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT #6 - Zee Zesties 2010 :)
Well, none left. I mean it, this flew off the table like a potato on an ice cream cone. My youngsters ate this so fast, you might of thought it had 'Snickers" in the middle. The only change I made was browning thinly sliced zucchini in the bacon grease, draining on paper towels and adding them right along from there. I used the microwave to cook the inside, and then browned it under the oven broiler for about 5 minutes on low. Terrififff!! Made for ZWT 6 - Zee Zesties - 2010