Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Zucchini and Asparagus in paper...
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 medium leek
- 8 ounces baby asparagus, trimmed
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 4 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg, beaten (optional)
- water, plus (optional)
- cornstarch, to make paste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a potato peeler slice the zucchini lenghtwise into strips.
- Cut the leek into very fine julienne strips and cut the asparagus into 2 in even lenghts.
- Cut out 4 sheets of parchament paper. 12 X 15 inch size. Fold in half. Draw a large curve to make a heart shape when unfolded. Cut along inside of line and open out.
- Divide the vegetables between each heart. Position the filling on one side of the fold line and top with tarragon and the unpeeled garlic clove. Season to taste.
- Brush the edges with the egg and fold over. You may also fold without using the egg. This takes a bit more practice. http://www.sundaysupper.com/parch.htm give directions and shows photos of the no egg technique. For Vegan, omit the egg. If you do want to seal it, use the cornstarch and water paste method.
- Pleat the edges so it is sealed. lay on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.