Recipe by gertc96
From grandma's recipe box..... From a Readers Digest dated 2000....
Top Review by Sydney Mike
The only change I made when preparing this recipe was to use lemon pepper instead of the indicated salt & pepper, & although the resulting dish was very, very tasty, another time I might follow White Rose Child's suggestion & cut back on the amount of olive oil used! We really enjoyed the flavor combo here ~ Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, chopped into cubes
- 1 medium tomatoes, chipped into cubes
- 1 lb zucchini, cut into 2 in. pieces
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbs. oil in a frying pan, add the onion; cook over low heat 7-8 minute.
- Add apple and tomato; cook for 5 minute stirring.
- Remove apple, tomato and onion from pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt; toss. Heat remaining oil in same pan and fry zucchini until tender.
- Reduce heat; add onions mixture back to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the parsley and garlic, then add to the zucchini and onion mixture in pan. Simmer for a few minutes, then add salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.