1/1 Photo of Zucchini Almond Cupcakes W/ Dark Chocolate Frosting #RSC
1 hr 40 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. I've been wanting to make a zucchini dessert that is unlike the rest. I had trouble thinking of what to add to a zucchini dessert dish that would make it unique. It was actually your contest that gave me the "epiphany" I needed. The second I read the ingredients I knew exactly what I thought would go together perfectly & that was unlike any other zucchini dessert out there. I made these cupcakes for my family & friends & they LOVED them! Several of them told me it's the best dessert they've ever had, another commented that if I ever open up a bakery this could be the star on my menu. The smell alone is so inviting that it's hard to wait for the cupcakes to cool & frost them before biting into them. But once you try them complete with the frosting & garnished w more almonds, you see that it's a match made in heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS
- 177.44 ml raw almonds
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
HONEY ZUCCHINI ALMOND CUPCAKES
- 2 eggs
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml honey
- 4.92 ml honey
- 1.23 ml almond extract
- 295.73 ml flour
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 0.25 ml ground ginger
- 236.59 ml shredded zucchini
- 158.51-177.44 ml chopped honey-roasted almond
DARK CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover baking sheet w aluminum foil (dull side up).
- 3Roast almonds for 10mins (or until browned).
- 4While almonds are roasting, mix sugar, salt & cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 5Allow almonds to cool completely.
- 6Once cooled, use a food processor to chop the nuts relatively small.
- 7Next, heat a saucepan on medium - medium/low heat. Add the water, canola oil, & honey, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil.
- 8Once boiling, add almonds & stir constantly until liquid has been completely absorbed into them. (Approx 5mins).
- 9Add dry mixture & stir until sugar as caramelized (approx 1.5mins).
- 10Spread finished almonds onto aluminum foil & allow to cool.
- 11HONEY ZUCCHINI ALMOND CUPCAKES:.
- 12Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- 13In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and canola oil.
- 14Add orange juice, honey, and almond extract & continue beating.
- 15In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, gloves, and ginger. Mix them together real well!
- 16Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- 17Add shredded zucchini. Stir until fully incorporated.
- 18Add honey roasted almonds. Stir until fully incorporated.
- 19Fill liners 2/3 - 3/4 full.
- 20Bake 18-22mins (once a toothpick comes out clean, you're good to go!).
- 21Allow to cool in pan for 10mins, then move cupcakes to cooling rack.
- 22DARK CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:.
- 23Cream butter for a few mins, using the paddle attachment of a mixer on medium speed.
- 24In a small separate bowl, stir together the confectioners sugar, dark cocoa powder, & cocoa powder.
- 25Sift the dry mixture over the butter and mix on the lowest speed until dry ingredients are absorbed by the butter.
- 26Add almond extract, salt, and heavy cream, & beat on medium speed for approx 3mins.
- 27Control yourself to putting the frosting on the cooled cupcakes rather than eating all of the frosting right out of the bowl, like you're tempted to do :).
- 28Optional: Take the leftover honey roasted almonds & garnish the frosted cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Almond Cupcakes W/ Dark Chocolate Frosting #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.1
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.9 mg
- Sodium 456.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 62.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g