Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This cake looks so nice and is SO good. A change fron the chocolate Zucchini cake.I have had this recipe for years and always use it in Zucchini season and have purchased zucchini just to make this cake as well.I have handed out this recipe many times. I have also frozen this cake and glazed it before serving
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups finely grated peeled zucchini
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease well and flour 10" tube pan.
- Sift together Flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until thick and light colored.
- Gradually add sugar 1/4 cup at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in oil and almond extract.
- blend in dry ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in zucchini and almonds.
- pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 HR 15Mins or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 15 minutes remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- spread with almond glaze.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- stir together icing sugar,milk,and extract until smooth.
- spread over top of cooled cake.
- Let icing run down sides of cake.
- Sprinkle top with toasted almonds.