Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
the parmasean and zucchini really do compliment each other.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 small zucchini, sliced (4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, snipped or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese or 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- In a large skillet heat the oil.
- Cook whole garlic cloves in hot oil until lightly brown, then discard the garlic.
- Add zucchini, dried mint (if using), salt and pepper to oil in skillet.
- Stirring occasionally, cook, uncovered, over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- To serve, sprinkle with cheese and fresh mint (if using).
I liked this dish. I used basil and parmesean. It was quick to make with ingredients I usually have on hand and very healthy.
I enjoyed the mint with the zucchini. A fast and simple dinner for myself tonight! Thanks!