1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is a variation on the famous Parmigiana di Melanzane. This is an easy dish with a delightful taste. Try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice zucchini lengthwise, place in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let stand for 1 hour.
- 2Rinse the zucchini and drain on paper towel.
- 3Heat oil, dust the zucchini with flour and fry in batches until golden and tender. Drain on paper towel.
- 4Cut the garlic in half and rub the insides of a shallow,oiled gratin dish with the cut garlic. Discard garlic.
- 5Make layers of zucchini strips, sliced tomato, strewn with torn basil leaves and mozzarella. Lightly season each layer.
- 6Finish with a layer of tomato and basil leaves.
- 7Mix parmesan and breadcrumbs together and spread evenly over the top.
- 8Bake in a 190°C oven for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Alla Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.0
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.3 g