Recipe by Tom Collins
Everyone has a zucchini recipe...I like zucchini...Been making this for years...Makes a great side dish...
Top Review by b eddie
I tried this recipe a month ago and I've made it 3 times already. The taste is amazing. Last time I cut up chicken tenderloins and sauteed them with the onions. I served it over wild rice. It can be a great side dish, but with some small additions it's dinner.
- 2 tablespoons butter (margarine, or oil)
- 1 onion (cut into wedges)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (or more)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 zucchini (small, or 3 zucchini and 3 summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick or less)
- 2 tomatoes (or more, diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a pan large enough to hold the squash --
- Add the onions and saute until translucent --
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, broth and squash --
- Add the salt and pepper
- Cook on high until broth boils --
- Place a cover on the pan --
- Reduce heat to a simmer --
- Cook until the squash is crisp/tender , turning the squash over a few times during cooking --
- (If it's over-cooked, still tastes great).
- Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes --
- Stir the tomatoes in and let sit 'til the tomatoes are just heated -- You don't want the tomatoes cooked --
- That's it -- .