Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the September 1996 Gourmet magazine. This is simple, tasty, and makes a great presentation.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 small zucchini
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and spread butter in an 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water cook zucchini until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain zucchini and cool until they can be handled.
- Trim ends of zucchini and quarter lengthwise to form spears.
- Wrap each zucchini spear in a slice of prosciutto and arrange side by side in pan. (Zucchini will be touching).
- Sprinkle zucchini with parmesan cheese and pepper and bake until lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve zucchini warm.
Simple, delicious, and a cute presentation. This would make great finger food for a party too. Thanks for sharing! Culinary Quest '14
Wow! These couldn't be simpler! Looks like a million bucks and tastes great!
I baked these on a sheet pan so they would have more room and topped with the parmesan after they were cooked. The prosciutto didn't totally get crispy, so next time I will roast these in olive oil and top them with Crispy Crumbled Prosciutto.