Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Fox 13 Utah website
Macaroni and Cheese Sauce
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle chile
Elbow Macaroni Blanched
- 1⁄2 gallon water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, blend
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, &
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
Macaroni and Chicken (use 1 cup mac cheese sauce and macaroni and bacon gratin)
- 1 chicken breast (marinated)
- 6 ounces monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, mix
- Macaroni and Cheese Sauce:.
- Place cream in a saucepan. On medium heat, using a wire whisk, reduce till one-fourth has gone and slightly thickened.
- Add garlic, blue cheese and chipotle.
- Melt for approximately 5 minutes.
- Elbow Macaroni Blanched:.
- Add water to a stockpot, place on high flame and bring to a boil for one minute. Add salt.
- Boil water for three minutes then add macaroni and stir every minute from bottom.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until al dente.
- Using a colander place macaroni and drain well then place macaroni in ice cold water to shock.
- Z'Tejas Macaroni and Chicken:.
- Salt and pepper chicken breast and place butter down on skillet.
- Place marinated chicken skin side down and place in large cast iron skillet on top.
- Sear for approximately 4 minutes till crispy.
- Turn over on grill and cook till done then turn on skin side down for approximately one minute.
- Before slicing, removing cartilage and slice in 6 pieces.
- Using a 12-inch cast iron or skillet, add mac and cheese sauce, jack and cheddar mix.
- Heat up till cheese melts approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add macaroni to sauce.
- Top with jack and cheddar cheese mix.
- Top with bacon gratin (and place under broiler for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Arrange sliced chicken in a star shape method and place green chiles in center on top between chicken.