Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
from Fox 13 recipe website
Green Chile Barbacoa
- 4 -6 lbs beef chuck, cut 3-inch x 3-inch
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces ancho chilies, stems removed
- 3 cups yellow onions, quartered
- 3 tablespoons green chili powder
After cooled down
- diced green chilis
Assembling Green Chile Barbacoa Enchiladas (4 ounces Barbacoa plus)
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces green chili sauce
- 2 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce iceberg lettuce, shredded
- sour cream
- pickled green chilies
- Place all ingredients in a stainless bowl and mix well. Transfer to a roasting pan and top with a tight lid.
- Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 hours in a 325 degree oven.
- Let cool and shred using 2 forks.
- Strain juice that the meat was cooked in skim off fat.
- Add about 1 1/2 cups to shredded meat.
- Mix in green chilies as well.
- Assembling Green Chile Barbacoa Enchiladas:.
- Fry tortillas to soften; place on oval plate.
- Put barbacoa in center.
- Put 1 oz. of jack cheese on each tortilla with 2 oz. of barbacoa and 1/2 oz. of green chile sauce.
- Roll tortillas and leave in center of plate.
- Ladle 2 oz. green chile sauce on top of enchiladas and sprinkle beans and enchiladas with cotija cheese.
- Put under broiler to melt cheese; when cheese melts top enchiladas with iceberg, dollop of sour cream and put pickled chiles in center.