Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
After much fooling around, I got my recipe the way I want it. These are so much better than store brought! Very fresh tasting, quick and easy to make. Delicious with butter and a drizzle of honey for a sweet snack. (Oct.2007)
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons corn or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and knead lightly.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Divide into medium sized pieces, a little bigger than eggs.
- Flatten and fry on high heat for a few seconds per side.
- They should puff up a bit and brown slightly.
- Keep warm under a tea towel while making the rest.
- Can be frozen for later use. Fry for a few seconds or reheat in microwave to soften and eat.