Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very flavourful burger...lots of spices...and a little surprise package of cheese in the middle, not on top of the burger ! I made these tonight for dinner and they were gone in a flash! Fast, easy and most of all, delicious!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 59.14 ml old cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1.23 ml garlic
- 1.23 ml poultry seasoning
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 0.59 ml oregano
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml HP steak sauce
- 14.79 ml ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix all of the spices, chopped onion and meat together in a large bowl.
- Divide into 4 balls.
- Divide each meatball into 1/2 again.
- Take 2 cubes of sharp cheddar cheese and place in the middle of each meatball.
- Place the other 1/2 of the meatball on top of the cheese and form into a hamburger patty.
- Repeat until you have 4 hamburger patties, each with cheese in the middle.
- Put each patty into your pre-heated frying pan (medium heat), and cook to desired doneness.
- Serve on hamburger buns or crusty rolls.
DH loved these burgers, I used sharp cheddar and a sweet spanish onion, out of green onion. Rather than the frypan I cooked them in the oven on a little oven grill so the fat dripped down away from them. Loved the spices and sauces, gave them wonderful flavour. We added a slice of jalepeno havarti cheese on top with some tomato slices, mustard and salsa. I will be making these again. Thanks for posting.
Very, Very good. I made this Super Bowl Sunday for dinner. The only difference was that I made it for one serving and used finely diced spanish onion as I didn't have any green onion. Instead of a bun, I used a halved sub roll that had been toasted with a little butter and garlic powder. For the cheese, it was mild cheddar. Along side this great burger was Zippy Oven French Fries. Perfect combination together! I'll be making this again! Thank you so much for the great recipe.
I liked these, but wasn't wild about the thyme in the burger. I think I would add more oregano instead next time. Thanks for a nice variation on burgers.