Recipe by cfletcher
Very flavourful burger...lots of spices...and a little surprise package of cheese in the middle, not on top of the burger ! I made these tonight for dinner and they were gone in a flash! Fast, easy and most of all, delicious!
Top Review by Derf
DH loved these burgers, I used sharp cheddar and a sweet spanish onion, out of green onion. Rather than the frypan I cooked them in the oven on a little oven grill so the fat dripped down away from them. Loved the spices and sauces, gave them wonderful flavour. We added a slice of jalepeno havarti cheese on top with some tomato slices, mustard and salsa. I will be making these again. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup old cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the spices, chopped onion and meat together in a large bowl.
- Divide into 4 balls.
- Divide each meatball into 1/2 again.
- Take 2 cubes of sharp cheddar cheese and place in the middle of each meatball.
- Place the other 1/2 of the meatball on top of the cheese and form into a hamburger patty.
- Repeat until you have 4 hamburger patties, each with cheese in the middle.
- Put each patty into your pre-heated frying pan (medium heat), and cook to desired doneness.
- Serve on hamburger buns or crusty rolls.