Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made with italian eggplants, which are smaller, but I'm sure you could do just as well using fewer larger ones. A nice meatless entree or elegant side.
- 6 -8 italian eggplants
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh onions or 1 tablespoon dried onion
- Wash, rinse and trim eggplants and slice in half.
- Scoop out about half an inch of the flesh to make a small well to hold filling.
- Combine the scooped flesh with the remaining ingredients and stuff the wells in the eggplant halves, completely covering the tops.
- Place halves in a single layer in a buttered glass dish and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Eggplant is done when flesh is tender and the cheese stuffing is bubbly.
- If desired, halves may be broiled for about 3 minutes to brown them.