Recipe by LadyLaura
A cheesecake from a local restaurant called Zooma. This was published in the Providence Journal on Wednesday 12/27/06
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground amaretto cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 1⁄4 cups toasted walnuts, crushed and divided
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted (one stick)
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) canpure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Caramel Sauce (use 3/4 cup)
- 6 ounces sugar
- 4 ounces water
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 7 ounces heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Wrap outside of spring-form pan with heavy duty foil to prevent leaking.
- Combine cookies, graham crackers, 1 cup of walnuts and brown sugar in food processor.
- Reserve remaining walnuts for topping of cake.
- Slowly add butter and pulse the processor until crumbs begin to stick together.
- Press crumbs into the bottom, not sides of pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Transfer 3/4 cup of the mixture to small bowl; cover tightly and refrigerate for topping.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add pumpkin and remaining seven ingredients.
- Beat until just blended.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place spring-form pan in large roasting pan.
- Add enough water to come halfway up sides of spring-form pan.
- Bake until slightly puffed and softly set and top is golden, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer pan to rack and cool.
- Refrigerate cake overnight, or if needed that day it can be placed in freezer for 6 hours.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture to room temperature.
- Add sour cream, heavy cream and cinnamon to cream cheese misture and stir to combine.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator.
- Press down firmly on sides of cheesecake to even its thickness.
- Using a knife, cut around sides of pan to loosen cake; release pan sides.
- Spread topping mixture evenly over cheesecake.
- Caramel Sauce.
- Cook sugar and water until sugar browns, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blen in butter, then stir in cream immediately.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over cake and refrigerate until caramel sets, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and dust the edges of cheesecake with the reserved 1/4 cup of of toasted walnuts.
- Slice and serve.