Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I was sorting through my old recipe box from when I was a child and found this recipe I cut from a box of Zoom cereal. After x amount of years I'm finally getting around to testing it and loved the recipe and hope you do, too! We enjoyed this granola the traditional way in a bowl of milk. But I also composed a muesli bowl with plain whole milk yogurt, 1/4 cup of Zoom granola, drizzle of maple syrup, splash of coconut milk and a pinch of cinnamon. Experiment with other favorite seeds, nuts and dried fruit. Vegan!
- 4 cups zoom cereal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (experiment with other sugars ( coconut sugar, raw, etc.)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (read *Note below)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (read *Note below)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional but really good)
- 1 cup raisins (read *Note below)
- *Note: I used a combination of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and flax seeds. I stirred in equal amounts of raisins, dried cranberries and tart dried cherries.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. (Yes, two hundred and fifty degrees.).
- Place parchment paper on a large jelly roll pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the Zoom cereal, wheat germ, shredded coconut, sugar, seeds and/or nuts.
- Top with the coconut oil (it's not necessary to stir the oil into the mixture.).
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool about 15 minutes. Stir in the dried fruit, cool completely then store in tightly closed container. I used a clean, dry Mason jar to store the granola.