Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- Mix starch, 1-2 spoons of sugar, and water, then add yogurt and mix well until the mixture is even and smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot.
- Pour the mix through a funnel into the pan creating round lattice shapes about 5-6 cm in diameter.
- Turn heat down and fry fully on one side, then on the other.
- Mix well sugar, rose-water, and a glass of water.
- Heat until water comes to a boil, and the syrup thickens. Remove from heat.
- Soak zoolbia in the syrup for about 5 minutes, then serve.
I made this for my bookgroup meeting (we were reading Persepolis) It seemed almost too easy - but it's great! In spite of being fried, it was light and delicious.