Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from Kristy Walker's cookbook "Zone Perfect Cookbook" This is a 3 block meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, wiped clean and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, washed
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup water chestnut, drained and rinsed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- curry powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Using a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, and tomato halves for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli.
- Continue to cook for 5 more minutes, stirring.
- Add chickpeas, water chestnuts, and shrimp along with salt, pepper, and curry powder, if using it.
- Cook until shrimp and completely done.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.