Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted in response to request for Zone Diet recipes.
- 2 2⁄3 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 cups red peppers
- 6 cups asparagus
- 8 ounces deli ham (cut into 1/2' strips)
- 1⁄2 cup egg noodles (cooked)
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- Heat 3 cups of water, and the can of Fat Free Broth until boiling, keep simmering until step 4.
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add red pepper and asparagus until vegetables are tender-crisp (approx. 7 minutes).
- Stir in ham and cook one minute or until ham is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir noodles into water, cook until tender.
- Remove saucepan from heat, do not drain the water.
- Stir in ham and vegetable mixture.