Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I noticed that there are almost no Zone diet recipes on here, so I thought I would submit some that I use. This chili is slightly sweet and very satisfying. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. This recipe makes (2) three block servings
- 3 cups diced tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 6 ounces lean ground turkey, browned & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener (I use Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons chili powder (or to taste-I like a lot)
- Put tomates into a medium saucepan and crush with a potato masher to release some of the juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Heat on medium heat until the chili starts to boil.
- This recipe does not add any of the required fats, although some of the ingredients have fat on their own. I usually eat some nuts along with the chili to account for the fat blocks.