Recipe by Pufi McFluffikins
This is a stir fry recipe that I frequently use that fits Zone guidelines. It is extremely tasty and very satisfying--I actually have trouble eating it all. Please note that while this meal fits into the 40-30-30 pattern, it IS high in sodium. This isn't a problem for me, as I rarely use salt, but if you are on a low-sodium diet, this recipe would not be for you.
- 3 ounces chicken breasts, broiled
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup onion
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the broccoli and snow peas for about 5 minutes, till crisp tender.
- Heat large skillet and oils, then add onions and peppers.
- Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, and gingeroot and stir-fry an additional two minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables, chicken, soy sauce, and oyster sauce, and stir-fry for another minute.
- Mix cornstarch into broth, then add to the wok.
- Cook until sauce starts to thicken.
- This recipe makes one 3 block serving.