Recipe by 911spatcher
Posted for my fellow Mt Diablo School District students. Found this on another website after many years of searching.....so good and brings back great memories. You can make these and then freeze them. Warm up in the oven @350 for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons yeast
- 6 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients and mix with a dough hook about 10 minutes until the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl. Dough should be soft and pliable. Let dough rest a few minutes then divide into 1-lb portions. Roll the portions into logs. cut each log into 5 equal pieces.
- Flatten dough piece with your hand until about 1/8 inch. Place cheese in the middle of the dough and then pull dough up from the sides to cover filling. Pinch closed very carefully. Place zombies pinched side down on parchment paper or a greased cookie sheet pan. If desired, brush tops of the zombies with egg wash. Let rise until almost doubled in size. Bake @350 degrees until the top is brown, 15-20 minutes.
- If traditional filling is desired, use about 2 oz of cheese per zombie (2 slices of American cheese).
- You can use a variety of different fillings, pepperoni, pizza sauce and cheese, ham and cheese, sausage, green chilies, ground beef, sloppy joes, scrambled eggs, veggies, etc.