Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ghost hunters and local lore both say murdered young lovers haunt the1840s mansion that houses the Double Eagle Restaurant in Mesilla, N.M. An upscale place, it serves Continental fare and a couple of theme cocktails like the Zombie come Halloween. "We do a very brisk business then and we also have a big Day of the Dead celebration we're in the middle of, with all sorts of parties, events and parades," says general manager Jerry Harrell. Recipe courtesy Double Eagle Restaurant, Mesilla, N.M. Note: however spirited the celebration, treat Zombies with respect. They are potent stuff.
- 1 ounce apricot brandy
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce dark rum (or Jamaican)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 dashes grenadine
- orange juice
- 1 ounce Bacardi 151 rum
- Mix light and dark rum and brandy in a cocktail shaker, add lime juice and grenadine.
- Shake well and strain into a higball glass filled with cracked ice.
- Fill glass with orange juice but leave enough room to float the 151 on top.
- Garnish with a cherry and orange slice.