Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Posted for ZWT7. This is a recipe found on the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Cameroon (Africa) webpage. Sounds like a tasty new way to prepare a main meal for the family. Great served over rice,
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 lbs spinach, washed and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- salt and pepper
- Put the beef in a saucepan with a little salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, covered, and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours until the meat is just tender (it will cook more later in recipe). Remove the meat and keep the liquid.
- Using a large pan, heat the oil and soften the onion. Add the meat pieces and cook for two minutes.
- Take 2 cups of the reserved beef broth from earlier (add water if necessary to get 2 cups); then pour this in the pan with onion and meat.
- Add spinach, tomatoes, tomato paste, peanut butter, pepper and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.