Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a little different from most coleslaws because it is vinegar based and has feta cheese in it. I love the slaw at Zoe's so I tried to re-create it and think I came pretty close. Not sure of the exact measurements so I just estimated them on here. Great for as a side for a BBQ. The cook time includes refrigeration.
- 1 small head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) packagecrumbled feta
- 6 -7 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (I used a splash of white vinegar along with this)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine shredded cabbage, feta and chopped green onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and EVOO.
- Pour over the slaw and toss.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. It's best if you let it refrigerate for a few hours so you may want to make it the day before.
Heard that Zoe's uses canola oil for a lighter flavor. Tried this substitution, extra delicious!
Simple, different and delicious! I used white onion as that was what I had on hand. Also a little more vinegar and a little less oil (I use a 3/4 cup and eyeball the amounts). I brought this to a bbq with my running friends and everyone thought it was very tasty. I let it sit overnight.
Excellent! I prepared the cabbage w/1 TB salt, mixed, then let drain in a colander for 1-1.5 hours. Rinsed water off in running water, then dried w/paper towels. I added 2 pinches of dried oregano and pinch each basil and sage to the vinaigrette for the Mediterranan taste. Awesome taste, the family wants more each time. I am trying goat's milk feta this weekend.