Recipe by Ricky Henry-Davies
My friend Zoe made this cake recently it's dense and delicious and contains no flour. Although its not famous yet, i think it soon will be!
- 250 g dark chocolate (75% cocoa)
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 200 g ground almonds
- 4 eggs, separated
- 200 g muscovado sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 100 g dark chocolate (75% cocoa)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate leave to cool (bowl over boiling water, do not let water touch bowl).
- Mix butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks, melted chocolate, and almonds.
- Whisk egg whites till stiff and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Bake at 150°C for 35 minutes.
- Leave to cool and smooth on the icing.
- Pass this recipe on!