Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I adapted from my grandmothers recipe. For a meal you can add meat to this recipe. I also use my grandmothers cornbread recipe for the required cornbread, it is also posted on recipezaar.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3 -4 cups cubed cornbread
- 4 cups cubed loaf bread (white bread for light colored dressing, wheat for darker color dressing)
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper (desired amount)
- 2 -3 teaspoons sage
- broth (enough to make mixture soupy)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute onions and celery in the stick of butter, when done place in very LARGE mixing bowl.
- Add cubed cornbread, cubed loaf bread,salt,pepper and sage,mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add Broth (a can at a time until mixture is SOUPY and ALL large pieces are broken up).
- Pour into large baking pan.
- Bake about 45 minutes until dressing is SET and brown around the edges.