Recipe by Zoe
This is a really tasty and fragrant take on chicken and rice. I came up with it after adapting various recipes for chicken and rice. The fresh herbs really add flavour and unusual texture to the dish
- 2 large chicken fillets, cut up into bite sized pieces
- 150 g rice (I prefer a long grain & wild rice mix, but it's up to you)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red peppers or 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 hot chili pepper, chopped (add more chilli if you like it spicy)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 pint stock
- 1⁄2 pint passata or 1 can chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped basil, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5 (375 Fahrenheit, 175 Centigrade - moderately hot).
- Mix all the ingredients except the chicken, herbs and paprika in a casserole dish.
- Cover and place in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the chicken pieces and herbs on the top of the mixture. Sprinkle the paprika over the chicken pieces.
- Cook covered for a further 30 minutes.