Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
A little different sounding. From Dave Clifton in a community cookbook called Alphabet Soup. Here for safe keeping and to share.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove skin from sausage and break up.
- Saute onion in large pan with oil and butter.
- When onion is golden, add suasage, crumbling it with a fork.
- Saute, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cook ziti according to package directions.
- Drain thoroughly and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss with the sauce and Parmesan cheese.